Thursday, April 19, 2007

Earth Day in Death Valley, CA

Hey guys, Earth Day is this weekend, and I will be celebrating it on a geology field studies trip to Death Valley, CA. We will be camping in the Furnace Creek campgrounds, and while I am going to be studying geology, you can be sure I'll be doing as much birding and butterflying as I can while there friday, saturday and sunday. I promise I'll post a report and photos when I return.
Me holding the kangaroo rat Dave caught near Butterbredt Springs on our way to bird in Death Valley in 2005.

On a different note, I am in the process of working out a car-swap within my family, its very complicated, but the gist of it is that I might finally be getting an SUV! My cousin has a hybrid Ford Escape, which if the swap does indeed happen, will be all mine! I can drive a car with enough clearance to go to the spots that were previously unpassable in my little toyota, and have a clear consience about it since it's a hybrid, hooray.

2 comments:

J.B. Sears said...

Wow, you'll have to come birding up here and tote around all the sad four-cylinder driving, bus riding birders in VenCo...

Unknown said...

haha might just have to =)