Monday, January 28, 2008

Birding @ UCI

Southern California has been getting a large amount of much needed rain. This morning, as I walked to ornithology, the yellow-rumped warblers were calling from the dripping eucalyptus trees. The rain didn't seem to bother them one bit, not that it bothered me either, I had my raincoat and duck-handle umbrella ;)
At leas two Anna's hummingbirds also seemed to be enjoying the rainy weather, calling and actively flying low in front of my path. Right before I turned to my building, a gorgeous Townsend's warbler caught my attention as it picked in among the low branches of a pine tree.
I hope this rain will make for a great wildflower bloom in a few months... we certainly needed it, even if it makes walking to class a soggy expedition.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cali seems to always rain when I am either making an exit or entrance... weird...