Monday, November 03, 2008

Birding @ UCI

It finally feels like fall on campus. It's cloudy and overcast today, there's a cool breeze, and yellow-rumped warbler's drippy calls fill the air. I sat in Aldrich Park for a few minutes since I got on campus early for class. I heard an Anna's hummingbird, a house wren calling, and a black phoebe flitting to and from the trees above me.
Leaves littered the park, and swirled around in the wind. Students walked by wearing sweaters and scarves (65 is cold for Orange county! hehe) I had to get up eventually and head into my classroom, but it was nice to spend a moment enjoying the subtle change of seasons in Southern California (finally).

1 comment:

jaredmizanin said...

Sixty-five degrees, chilly? I don't suppose you've ever scanned for rare gulls along Lake Erie with the winds gusting to 30mph when it's only fifteen degrees out, huh? ;)