Thursday, February 28, 2008

Birding @ UCI

Well tonight as I left my class I got a special treat, a great-horned owl called as I headed toward ring road. I turned and walked into Aldrich Park (probably not too wise to linger in the park at night) but as I was walking that direction I called to a friend from class and he came over to investigate with me. I attempted quite pitifully to copy his call and when he didn't respond I switched to an even more pitiful screech-owl interpretation. He wasn't having it, and continued to call nonchalantly about every 5-8 minutes.
After searching for nearly twenty minutes I gave up on seeing the owl and headed for my bus home but I'm thrilled to add this bird to my campus list - I hope it won't be my only species on my UCI list by the time I graduate =)

No comments: