My 2009 Memories:
- First birding trip of 2009, Irvine Ranch Conservancy hike along Quail Hill Loop with Evelyn.
- February Wildflower Hike with Irvine Ranch Conservancy along Loma Ridge, over Limestone Canyon.
- Night Hike up Agua Chinon Canyon to the back side of the sinks, with IRC.
- April OC Birdathon with Neil Gilbert and Vic Leipzig, got my life spotted owl!
- Taking a sunset photography lesson with professional photographer Andre Torng.
- Filming Wild in the City pilot in LA county with some birder friends and Richard Crossley.
- Picking Lois Taylor's brain on plant ID on the IRC hike in Round Canyon.
- Catalina was one long awesome birding memory, but the West End hummer tour stands out.
- Hiking up Kent's Ledge to see the fall foliage changing in Vermont.
- It's not birding, but the first snowfall in SoRo was quite a memorable experience.
Finally, I counted, and according to eBird, I got 14 lifers in 2009!