Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day Walk - Upper Newport Bay 5/14/06

Well my walk seemed to be a success. All the people who were truly interested stayed up around me, and the family members who got dragged along by their mothers lagged behind. It worked out perfectly. It was a gorgeous day, if somewhat bird-less, but we managed to see enough to make everyone happy. I am exhausted so without further ado, my meager amount of photos from the walk...

Me and Ranger Sue!

Marbled Godwits

Western Grebe

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT pictures! I think your California Sister is a Red Admiral!

Peter Bryant

Unknown said...

Thanks Peter!

Oops! you're right, I believe that was a typo. I was at Huntington Centeral, no oaks there and the pattern is all wrong, thank you for catching that. =)

Anonymous said...

i love reading these, they are a great way to start or end a day.