Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day at SJWS

I went for a walk at the marsh today after making breakfast for my mom. It was overcast, but surprisingly humid. There were plenty of western warblers in the meadow. Yellow, hermit and orange-crowned, and cute little Wilson's warblers all called as they foraged in the cottonwoods next to the Duck Club. Warbling vireos were present, as was a very vocal yellow-breasted chat by the boardwalk.


The most pleasing find of the day was a vociferous Bell's vireo, which with a small amount of coaxing, came out to investigate me and my clicking camera for a moment before heading back toward its friend (mate perhaps?) in the bushes.
It was pretty warm by the time I finished, so I headed back to my car to relax and enjoy the rest of my day with my mom. Happy mother's day everyone.

No comments: