Friday, January 04, 2008

Kick-Off January 2008

Hello to all. Hope you made it through the holidays no worse for the wear. Yesterday I went birding with Drew at Sea and Sage. He has a great eye for raptors (seeing as they're all he's interested in bird-wise). We saw 4 species in all - northern harrier, red-tailed and red-shouldered hawks, cooper's hawk, oh and vultures if you count them ;)
Click me for a closer look!!

Besides the hawks the birding was good but not earth-shattering. Plenty of yellow-rumps still around, and a gorgeous and camera-friendly gnatcatcher was a welcome surprise. The northern shovelers made great camera fodder, but I think it's time to get a new UV cover and general get some maintenance done on my cannon, it's looking a little beat up lately...
Click me too!

Well, I'm going to try to get out birding a bunch this month, but classes are starting up again Monday (eeek) and I've got some great ones to look forward to like Environmental Law and Ornithology!!!!

No comments: