Saturday, November 04, 2006

Bolsa Chica 11/4/06

I visited Bolsa Chica Wetlands for the first time since they re-opened the large back trails to the public again. It was magnificent, the trails looked good and there was a plethora of birds there, which is always a good thing. I walked the length of the park, and met up with a fellow photographer who I walked and swapped stories with for a while.
I saw some birds I haven't seen in some time, seasonally I mean, like Buffleheads and Scaup and the like. I sure haven't been birding much lately, must fix that, I definitely will be back there again soon. While I was there, I bought myself an Amigos de Bolsa Chica hat, because I most definitely support the cause.
I'm going birding tomorrow with one of my best friends, Alex. We're just going to SJWS, but it isn't often I get to go birding with companions, so it should be a real treat.
A shot of the Bolsa Chica wetlands
Belding's Savannah Sparrow
Black-bellied Plover in basic plumage
Red-tailed Hawk

Western Pygmy-blue Butterfly, smallest butterfly in the western U.S.

Forster's Tern

Brown Pelican swallowing a fish

Male and female Lesser Scaup

No comments: