Monday, October 09, 2006

CHICAGO

I got to make my first trip to the Midwest this weekend, and I loved it. I went to visit my boyfriend Peter in Chicago, Illinois. It was beautiful, and so different from California. It was an awesome trip, despite the fact that we were both pretty sick, and swapped strains of colds, probably creating new super viruses. We stayed a few nights in Wrigleyville at the Old Chicago Inn, near the Belmont stop on the El. It was a great location, and the Inn was perfectly serviceable. We spent our last night in downtown itself, at a beautiful hotel, the Renaissance Hotel right on the river (compliments of Pete's parents).
On campus at Pete's school, North Park University.
We walked around downtown, shopped, ate deep dish pizzas at Giordano's and visited the John Hancock Observatory. We ate at the very classy (read: expensive) Signature Room on the 95th floor of the John Hancock building, and then took a ride in a horse-drawn carriage around the city at night. It was just as romantic as it sounds, haha. We also visited my cousin and a friend of ours from high school at Northwestern University, which I absolutely adored. It looks exactly like a university should. If I could get into their School of Communcations I would die. If I can't, there's always graduate school.. Here's a few of my photos from the trip, I didn't take many unfortunately.
My own version of a very famous photo.
This was the view from our hotel room at the Renaissance.
The Belmont stop on the El, that's Peter on the side =)

No comments: