Saturday, September 16, 2006

Arctic Tern SJWS

So after hearing that the Common Tern being seen at SJWS was actually an Arctic, and thus a lifer, I decided to go have a look for myself. Unfortunately I was very short on time, but I managed to spot one tern that seemed to fit the bill. That was my only decent photo. If I see anymore decent ones I can upload those too, maybe I'll go back tomorrow and try for a better view, it was a lifer afterall =)

In other news, the Costal Cleanup Day was a huge success, at least here at the Upper Newport Bay. The Cleanup Day is a state-wide event where people are invited to go into harbors, beaches and parks and clean up as much garbage as possible. For those of you who missed it this year, it is an annual event held the third Saturday of September every year. Did any of you other Californian bloggers participate? If so, where? For those of you non-californians, does your state have a clean-up day?

No comments: