Thursday, July 13, 2006

Marsh Camp 1 Thursday - Raptor Day

Here are the pictures from the Orange County Bird of Prey Center's talk at camp this morning. My spacebar on my keyboard is broken and it's hard to type with, so I will add more text later...
Sparticus was a male burrowing owl, brought to the center when he was hit by a car.
JR the Harris Hawk was being quite uncooperative and extremely vocal...
O'Neil is a gorgeous male American Kestrel, I've gotten to handle him while volunteering for the Bird of Prey Center.
Campers got an up close and personal look at Slug the Western Screech-Owl.
Yes, I realize this picture is blurry, but check out that nictitating membrane!
This RSHA showed up outside the Duck Club window allowing all the campers a great view, perfect for Raptor Day, I can't believe I didn't get a better shot...

No comments: